Lela Barker, began a mission to unearth why her sister an otherwise healthy woman in her 20’s developed breast tumors. She stumbled upon a study which indicated that parabens mimicked estrogen in women’s bodies, leading to the development of breast tumors. After scouring her bathroom for products containing the ingredient, she was horrified to learn that parabens were in everything from her shampoo to her body lotion. As a result in 2003, Bella Lucce was born.
- The entire collection is paraben-free, silicone-free, petrolatum-free, dye-free, phthalate-free and sulfate-free.
- Products are hand stirred, hand poured and hand wrapped.
- Take pride in giving back to the communities from which they source their ingredients and partnered with various charitable organizations, working to alleviate hunger and poverty, provide literacy and skills training, and build character and confidence in people around the world.
- Recyclable plastic in product packaging, product labels are printed on a revolutionary new material made entirely from corn and they actively source certified organic and fair trade ingredients whenever possible.
- Certified “Carbon Neutral” by TerraPass, purchasing more than 220 metric tons of carbon offset credits since 2008.
- Strictly opposed to animal testing and certifies that the few ingredients our animal friends do supply (honey and silk) are responsibly sourced. They do not purchase raw materials from vendors who perform animal testing and do not commission anyone to perform such tests on their behalf. Certified participant in PETA’s Caring Consumer Project.